Clash Royale clocked millions of downloads in a very short time and while the game has been a hit, its users have been constantly complaining about issues and imbalance in the game that effectively makes it not-so-much-fun to play.
Clash Royale developers have been taking note of these complaints and have been addressing issues one-by-one and over the course of last few months have not only released quite a few updates and made behind-the-scene changes to the game, they have also revealed quite a few bits and bobs about their future plans with respect to the game.
In the fourth week of August, Clash Royale developers did a balance changes that included things such as hit speed decrease for Royal Giant; stun duration decrease for Zap; decrease in area damage radius for Princess; decrease in hit points for Ice Wizard; increase in deploy time and reduction in hit points for Miner; increase in hit speed for Baby Dragon; damage increase for Dark Prince; decrease in elixir cost, hit points and damage for Bowler; and increase in speed and hit speed and decrease in damage for Lumberjack among other things.
Live from today there is another round of balance changes. These are listed out below:
Giant: Damage decreased by 5%
– The Giant will still hit hard after this change – he has really big fists after all – we just wanted to take a little bit of power from his offensive capabilities, as his main role is to soak up damage.
Rage: Elixir cost decreased to 2 (from 3), effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), duration decreased by 2sec
– The Rage spell hasn’t seen much usage and is in need of a bigger change, especially with the introduction of the Lumberjack’s “free” Rage. Decreasing the Elixir cost to 2 should make Rage a really viable and exciting combo card!
Lumberjack: Rage effect decreased to 30% (from 40%), Rage duration decreased by 2sec
– For consistency with the Rage spell changes above.
Mirror: Mirrors cards 1 level higher than its own level
– We love the surprise element Mirror brings and we’ve been having a blast playtesting this new version! At Tournament Rules card levels, Mirror will bring a truly unique element to your deck, making your cards 1 level higher than the tournament cap! Also, a max level Mirror will create max level +1 cards!
Lightning: Stuns targets for 0.5sec
– Due to Lightning’s low use rate, and partly for consistency with Zap, we’re adding a brief stun effect to make it more unique and hopefully an interesting addition to some decks.
The Log: Knocks back ALL ground troops
– This change will make The Log feel like the Legendary Card it was born to be.
Bomber: Hitpoints decreased by 2%, Damage increased by 2%
– A small tweak to fix a couple of inconsistencies with card interactions at certain levels.
Further, the developers have also confirmed that their next update will be geared towards changing the way how emote works and this will be a big deal considering they had said earlier they won’t be changing this. But numerous complaints by users have forced them to address this.